Every night they fight over whose bed he will lay on first.
I know all of these little people are supposed to be a part of our family. Maybe the hardness has not really hit us yet. Perhaps this is because at this point i am still giving myself permission to do almost nothing. Our house is messy but we are happy. Putting no pressure on us to do things, just enjoying doing what we want to do. It has also been easy because people have been so kind and supportive. Our friends and neighbors have been amazingly kind bringing meals and gifts and just being happy to see us. Thank you to everyone. I am amazed by all you have done for us.

Talmage really is a good baby. Last night i had a moment of just cuddling him and i realized that i have completely fallen in love. He is so beautiful. I love his skinny little arms and legs. I love his dark eyes. I love just watching his face. I wish we could capture every sweet little smile and happy greeting look.
I love spending sweet time with him (much of this calm time comes late at night or in the very early morning but it is sweet whenever it comes). I am grateful for these moments.
Our wonderful friend, Sherri, spoke at our stake women's conference last week. She talked about how much we love babies even though they do nothing to earn our love - they keep us up at night, bring a lot of pain when they arrive, and make messes - and still we love them so completely and unconditionally. It is so true. It was a very timely talk for me. It really touched me and i am trying to remind myself to love everyone that same way, just because of who they are.
1 comment:
Tal is sooo cute!! He looks like he has a lot of personality... I wish i could come see you guys :( I miss you all. Oh and the costumes turned out great!
(I hope its all right i called him tal... i think its cute but if you don't like it, let me know)
Post a Comment