Morgan is really a numbers kids. He loves to count things and look at numbers and is very good at adding and subtracting in his head. We knew that he was good with numbers but he really showed us how much he loves them the other day. We were listening to our Bert & Ernie tape in the car (best 10 cents i ever spent). Ernie sings "Imagination" and at the beginning of the song the kids on the tape are telling what they see when they close their eyes. With awe-filled voices they are saying things like "I see stars", "Rainbows", "pretty flowers", etc. Morgan also had his eyes closed and from the backseat, in the same voice of joyful wonder, i heard him say "Numbers!" Two nights ago Emma was having a hard night. She was crying about everything. I looked at Morgan and said, "Oh, what are we going to do with that girl?" His immediate response, "Sell her!"
Emma is always saying funny, random things. The other day she came into the kitchen to tell me something. Then she asked "Mom, who stinks?" Me, "I don't know." Emma, "Hmm, must be Dad!" and then she walked out.We are trying to help Emma understand prayer. Sometimes she is just flopping around not paying attention to what she is saying and then other times she just pours out her little heart in prayer. It makes us chuckle. Her prayer last night was one of the latter and went something like this. "Heavenly Father, please bless my mom and her baby. Please bless Morgan and all my family. I love my family so much and i don't ever want them to go away from me. But i know Daddy has to go to work so we can pay for our minivan. (sigh) So, we will pray for him everyday that he can come home everyday. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Funny, funny kids.
Enjoying a moment with all three of my wonderful kids on my lap.
4 comments:
you are too cute!!! Dylan is a numbers kid too- always adding and subtracting and asking everyone their age and how tall they are. I think I remember it being a boy thing.
I love the little pray...we're working on that with Connor too so I can totally relate. Any sign of #3 yet?
Leslie, that was an adorable post. It made me smile. Oh, I sure hope that baby decides to come out. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment