Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ants can Swim


I must confess we have had a recent ant infestation at our house. Not so good for us. But on the plus side it provides lots of entertainment for the kids. Last week they built an ant trap in the kitchen complete with storage totes, lots of big and little balls, a jar of water, a rope and a knitted afghan covering the whole thing. Today the excitement was in the bathroom. The kids were yelling about the ants and trying to catch them with small pieces of toilet paper. Morgan dropped one of his captive into the toilet then came running out to tell me, "Ants can swim! Mom, ants can swim!" Then he ran back in, looked at the ant again and said "Good job, Ant!" Back out to me "She waves her arms and her legs. Mom, you should come see. No, Gotta see, cause it is so cool!" Oh, the joy of children.

1 comment:

jules said...

We had more bugs, ants specifically (3 different types), in that basement apt in your ward than the other 7+ places we've lived. I'm not a bug fan, but I know what you mean about kids being facinated by them. Aren't kids awesome? I love how creative they can be!