And just in case you didn't know, WEB stands for Weather Extremes in Bartlesville. Just as we were recovering from the huge snowstorm we had a week and a half ago, we got another one last Tuesday night. The forecast called for a good amount of snow, probably around 6 inches. Somehow, though, we got lucky enough to be in about a 30 mile wide band of northeastern Oklahoma and Arkansas that got a whole lot more. We woke up to another 14" of snow on the ground, and another day off of work and school. The kids had the rest of the week off, but I had to go back to work on Thursday.
Speaking of Thursday, you may have heard about Bartlesville on the news (on YOUR news). Here's a graphic I stole from weather.com's main site on Thursday:
Yes, that's a negative in front of the 28 there. The temperature at 7:30 AM in other locations around the globe usually thought of as being cold were
Anchorage, Alaska, 30
Helsinki, Finland, 16
Oslo, Norway, 27
Reykjavik, Iceland, 39
But, we're having a hard time guessing how long the huge pile of snow in our front yard will last because of this forecast:
Yes, that's a big hot 75 on Thursday. And in case you're not as good at math as Morgan is, that is over a 100 degree temperature swing in a week (and also remember that we had two days over 70 the week before the first big storm). With the inclement weather and our trip to Utah, we figured out that the kids have only had 15 days of school this year!
Will Rogers is famously quoted as saying, "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait 15 minutes and it will change."
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Soooooooo cold! Did I say I want to move closer to you?? I mean I do but really I think we all should just move to warmer climates. Michal's 75 degree February weather sounds enticing. :)
It actually got to 82 degrees on Thursday. That officially makes a 110 degree difference from the week before.
Post a Comment