

I miss leaving our car in the parking lot for days because we could and did walk most everywhere. I miss just going for lazy walks around the neighborhood and running into the Carlisles, or the Jensens, or the Robinsons, or the Booths, etc. or any of the many fabulous and wonderfully close to our apartment people we know in Provo. I miss walking to the Allen's at 5:32 because we forgot some essential ingredient for
our dinner. I miss walking to playgroup and enrichment activities and on other ward errands because our whole ward was only six blocks long.


I miss watching the comings and goings of my neighbors from my kitchen window as i washed mountains of dishes. The McKeowns and the Francises and the Wilsons all coming to get their mail, not knowing they were being watched. I miss seeing the Marins with baby Issac and then toddler Issac walking up the stairs on his own. I miss Leslie Marin's laugh and Chris's smiles through the window.


I miss knowing that my family was just a short drive north of Point of the Mountain. I miss being able to zip up there for dinner or parties. I miss throwing pajamas and extra clothes in a bag just in case we wanted to stay the night. I miss Karen and Preston. I miss Jill. I miss living close to my roommates. I miss Jamie and Kamrah and Carrie coming over for last minute, thrown together dinners just so we could really talk to them. I miss cousin dinners.


I miss the Willises. I miss hearing their car in the driveway and knowing that they are home. I miss Nathan coming over to play and his enthusiasm and intensity. And especially i miss Margaret. I miss her knowing my kids so well and Emma asking to go to her house everyday. I miss Margaret's laugh. I miss her listening and her expert parenting example. I miss the Ostensons. How comfortable it is to be with them. I miss Lizzy and Kipper playing with my kids. I miss Bethany's friendship and peacefulness. I miss having an applesauce making buddy. And Nate's and Joe chatting often and going swiss-bobbing. I miss the Boardmans making us laugh and going on adventures with us. I miss the Browns. I miss the Joneses. I miss the Peters. And countless other wonderful people.
So in the end it is the people i miss. All the people who were involved in the day to day activities of our family. All the people who love us enough to actually read this whole long blog post. I think like many people i got too caught up in the day to day living that i forgot to really appreciate all the things that i love and miss so much. I know this was a long blog but i feel blessed to have so many friends to care about. We hope you continue being part of our lives. Send us an email or a comment with your email. Thanks again.
4 comments:
I feel like this will be me in a few weeks! We're trying to get all the people in that we can now that we only have a few weeks.. why didn't we do it before?! We miss not beng able to get a 'fill' of you guys before we leave....it's so hard to leave.
You are all missed and loved. This blog is such a great tool to keep up with you. I miss you guys! I miss Nate's home teaching, you're wonderful, sweet spirit in Relief Society and the kids great smiles and the hugs I was getting in the end from Emma. By the way, we have a new Relief Society Presidency as of last Sunday, Janae Letterman is President, I'm First Counselor, Jennifer Dunkley is Second Counselor and Emily Maughan is still the Secretary. Say a little prayer for us. Our first sunday will be VT Conference. On Well! Miss you all.
Wow, I wish I lived in one place long enough to have that long of a list! You are lucky to have had such a wonderful experience in Provo.
we miss you guys! and morgan is missed in sunbeams!! i hope all is going well in oklahoma! -allison wilson
Post a Comment