
I am so proud of Nate and i have to brag a little. He decided to walk in graduation last week (even though he is not officially done). I am so glad he did and i think he is too. It was incredible to see him up there on the front row during commencement and on the stand at his college convocation in his very cool, distinguished looking robes. We had lots of opportunities to applaud all his accomplishments. At his convocation he was the first PhD to be hooded. It was so awesome to hear him referred to as Dr. King. Everyone laughed when they read his dissertation title, Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium of Polymer Solutions During Thermal Decomposition of Rigid Foams. I will admit that it made me a little teary with pride and happiness. He has worked so hard at this. He has overcome a lot of frustrations with equipment and processes,etc. He has learned a great deal.
Monday morning at 5:00 AM he turned in his complete dissertation to one of the professors on his committee. He will do many revisions this week and turn it into the rest of the committee next week. Nate will defend his dissertation on May 15th. Anyone who is interested in Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium is welcome to come to the pre-defense presentation. (If you're just interested in being impressed by his knowledge you can come too.) Then we will be officially done and moving on to Oklahoma.

Congratulations Nate! We always knew you were fun and kind and wonderful now we have proof that you are smart too. We are so proud of you! We love you tons!!
3 comments:
Nate-I love your graph!!! If I only knew what it was telling me!! You will always be way over our heads!! I am so happy for your new house, what a fun adventure. You have worked so hard, I am glad it is all paying off!!! How much fun it must have been to feel so super smart and important (maybe that isn't unfamiliar to you) We love you!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you guys - graduation, finishing the dissertation, buying a house, moving...WOW! It's fun to see what we will be going through in a few years. Way to go - PhD's are a ton of work. We'll be thinking about you guys on Thursday.
Nate and Leslie, you guys are such examples to me. You're both so well rounded, accomplishing your goals, focusing on the important things, loving the stuffing out of your kids - I am in awe. When I grow up, I hope to be as happy as your wonderful family is. (And that is totally sincere.)
Post a Comment