Monday, August 22, 2011

Wedding #1

Once upon a time there was my brother, Greg. Goofy, quotable, techy, friendly, determined and tall. Then he found Meisha. Fashionable, practical, happy, good and not-so-tall. And they fit together. Really well. And at the end of May they went to the Bountiful Temple and got married. The temple sealing was beautiful, inspired, wonderful. And we celebrated. They had two receptions: one in Tremonton, UT and one the next night in my parents yard. Their colors were red, black, and grey. The receptions were just like them - playful, happy, fun, wonderful. (My talented little sisters made the very cool cake.)We also got to enjoy Camp Sparkle. We debated if we should go up to our traditional Heber Valley Camp because it was still covered in snow. We decided to go just for the day. I am so glad we did. We felt SO happy to be in a familiar place filled with happy memories. We hiked and paddled boats on the lake. We spent some time in our beloved mountains. Millcreek Canyon. My Mom, sisters, and I went out to breakfast to welcome our next sister into the family. We went downtown and toured the Conference Center, and Temple Square (Have you seen the detailed model of the SL temple? Awesome), and the Church History Museum (I found a painting that i absolutely love; now i just need to find out how to buy a print.) I got to spend a lovely evening chatting with my Jill. It was good for my soul. Katie and Co-Nate blessed their cute, new baby.It was a wonderful week with family. Gosh, I love those people.

No comments: