Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School


Wednesday was the first day of school. Monday was the school open house and we had a special back-to-school family night. On Tuesday the Back to School Fairy visited and left new clothes and math flashcards for the kids (What? She didn't come to your house? Well I can help contact her, we're pretty tight.) Morgan and Emma were amazed and excited.
The kids have done very well at school so far. They are both at the Early Childhood Center that has just Pre-K and Kindergarten. They were ready the first day well before it was time to leave and they sure looked cute!
Emma got a little nervous the first morning just realizing that there were "important" things she didn't know like "How will i find my quiet time toys?" and "Where did my teacher put my purple folder?" and "Who will help open my applesauce at lunch?" All questions were easily answered and she went happily into class.
Morgan did just great and went into his new classroom with no hesitation. He really likes his new teacher. It's been a very easy transition for both of them. At the end of the first day i asked Emma what new friends she made and she said "I made everyone my friend!" So great.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I don't know why I'm posting since I see you every morning at school but I thought I would leave a comment anyway. Glad to hear that both kids like school so much. I really like Emma's comment about "making everyone her friend" - that sounds just like something she would say.

Michal Thompson said...

you are so fun!!! I am glad it went well.