Wednesday, March 5, 2008

To two cute boys

Last night it was the kids bed time. They were jumping from the little table to the couch with their capes on (aprons on backward). I told them they could each jump two more times and then it was jammie time. Morgan jumped twice and i pointed him to his room. As he passed by me he reached out and just whacked me in the legs. I grabbed his arm and brought him back to talk to me. I said "Morgan, we don't hit. What do you need to say to me?" His answer was "RrrRrr! I wish i was a GIANT!" It was hilarious. It totally made me laugh. It may not have been wise to laugh but i couldn't help it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone in my family? When i was about 10-years-old i was working on something at the kitchen counter. My younger brother Greg (who would have been about the same age as Morgan is now) was trying to push a chair up to the counter to get in on the action. He kept pushing it right into me. My mom asked him "Greg, what do you need to say to Leslie?" He answered, "Rrr! I wish you were a GHOST!" The similarity of response is uncanny. I guess that is the affect i have on little boys.

1 comment:

Michal Thompson said...

oh, how funny. I wish dylan would say something funny for every time he hit! Then I would be laughing all day long!